Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Jeff has his eyes closed but it is a good picture of Vasya and Matthew. They look so much alike.
Pasha is in the stripes.
Here is Lyonya blowing out his candles.




Day 44 Wednesday (I am going to type this now before I forget everything again)


Today I did laundry and made chicken dumpling soup-it was not as good as at home, I just couldn't find the same ingredients. But I tried. We went to Vasya's, Michelle was having a birthday party for two boys in Vasya's group who had summer birthdays . One of the boys whose birthday it was wasn't there and the girls had something going on. It was a nice party, Lyonya turned 14- he is such a sweet heart as is his brother Pasha 12/13?. I pray someone will come and adopt these two (plus their sister 11 and brother 8 who are also sweethearts). If someone doesn't adopt them soon, I may have to come back for them. We sang happy birthday, said well wishes for the birthday boy, and had cookies, cake and pop. Then we made picture frames out of wide popsicle sticks and some of the kids played Sorry. Vasya made a picture frame with all our names on it. I started doodling on paper, I was drawing Fido Dido (anyone remember his cartoons and commercials from the 90's). That's about all I can draw so I was drawing him when Andrei grabbed the 7-up bottle and showed me Fido was on the lable. So I guess not only our fashion and music travel here years later apparently so do our commercials and advertisements.


We left Vasya's around 4:15 and got on a crazy driver bus. He hit every pothole on the way, Matthew fell asleep, and I got extremely sick to my stomach. To make it worse I was sitting in the seat that faces sideways not forward, but I was sitting forward in it, so with each bump my back scraped on the window. I couldn't turn around because I can't hold Matthew in that position. Anyway on one pothole, everyone on the bus flew up at least 8 inches. It was crazy.





We had a great visit with Sasha, it was nice there and he is a joker. Somehow Matthew fell on top of a bush or he jumped on top of it and scraped his face, but he is fine. We were told that no 9 had chicken pox, but we didn't see anyone with it. We weren't worried, I think Matthew had it before we adopted him, plus he had the vaccine. The "chicken pox" could have been from all the mosquitos there.



We will go to court on Friday, then most likely again next Friday because of the lawsuit and the other family. I was able to e-mail them last week and explain things, but they never e-mailed back. I am pretty sure their facilitator isn't telling them the entire truth. Sasha told us today he isn't going with them, he is coming with us and Matthew. He is over 8 so he can choose. Hopefully things will be done soon and we can get home with the boys. Sasha wrote me a note today, it said please take me to America now!



Another Matthew Moment

On the bus coming from Sasha's Matthew told us that he is going to the Farm by himself. He is taking the train, three airplanes and Grandpa Melvin will pick him up at the airport and drive him to the farm in his van.

(He changed his mind when I asked him "who will wipe your tushie in the bathroom?")

5 Comments:

Blogger Rob, Dana, Murphy and Jack! said...

Those boys are adorable. If you pay for it, I'll adopt them!

10:52 AM, October 08, 2008  
Blogger Diana said...

Yeah! Progress in the court department!! Hopefully things can be resolved and worked out by the end of the week.

11:08 AM, October 08, 2008  
Blogger Tami said...

The boys look SO similar - its crazy. Of course, I'm not used to biologicals. No one in our family looks alike. I have two brown-haired kids, a blond and a red-head. Shad and I both have dark brown hair. Nuts. ;>)
So glad to hear there's a bit of progress on the court hearing front. We're thinking of you.

12:02 PM, October 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very early Friday morning your time. Just wanted you all to know you're in our thoughts and prayers. Hoping all goes well with the judge today.

5:01 PM, October 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! The message above was from us.
June, Rob & Christopher!

5:02 PM, October 09, 2008  

Post a Comment