Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I have been procrastinating about posting because I wasn't sure how to say this. In the beginning of April Jack moved to Virginia to live with another family. It became clear to us that Jack and Alex should not live together, they both have many "past hurts" from their lives in Ukraine that need to heal. They can not heal when they are together. I know most of you won't understand this, but our social worker and other families who have adopted older siblings will. Jack hated living in the country and his new home is in the city. He is doing well, he calls us frequently and seems to like his new home and school. Since he left I have noticed a lot of positive things happening for both Alex and Matthew. Jack picked on them and impeded bonding, etc. We are starting to feel like a family now. There are many other reasons but I don't feel comfortable posting them on our blog for everyone to see.

3 Comments:

Blogger ArtworkByRuth said...

I can't imagine what you have experienced to have had to make this decision. We too are going through this with our newly adopted 15 year old. God bless your journey and pray that God continues to heal Jack and his brothers.

10:42 AM, May 06, 2009  
Blogger Diana said...

Oh, Cara. I'm so sorry. I had a feeling things were heading in this direction, though. As a fellow mom to hurt kids, I TOTALLY understand what brings you to that point...and how you must do everything you can do to make sure you keep everyone safe and do what is best for them. I'm glad to hear he's at least still in contact with you and his brothers. Hopefully that will eventually prove to be healing for him throughout his life.

(((hugs!)))

10:48 AM, May 06, 2009  
Blogger Tami said...

I'm so sorry you're family is having to go through this. Please know your family will have our prayer and support.

8:14 AM, May 13, 2009  

Post a Comment