Sunday, November 09, 2008

Ukraine Adoption Journey #2 Trip #2 day #12 Nov 8
We didn't do much today. Jack went and visited his friends at school and then visited his cousin. I went and saw Sasha. He wasn't mad that he was still there, the director had explained why we couldn't get him. She didn't tell him why I didn't come to see him though. I tried to tell him about the document we got and the new apartment. He had been sleeping so they didn't want him outside. We sat on a chair in the entry way and looked through pictures on my camera. He is so ready to go. He was telling me what to do on the airplane; buckle my seatbelt, turn off my phone, camera, games etc. It is funny he remembered all of that, I don't know when he was hosted-maybe two summers ago. I haven't heard anything from his host family, I thought they might want to maintain contact with him. Maybe they are embarassed about all the hassle they caused. I am also very ready to go home, it has gotten colder here-as it has at home but the boys don't have very warm clothes. Jeff you will need to bring their winter coats to the airport, they are upstairs on the bed. Did you find Matthew's winter coat in his closet-the blue and red one? I just fixed Jack his first American breakfast (it's Sunday morning) scrambled eggs, toast, apple slices and milk. He seemed to like it. They don't eat special foods here for breakfast, it is just like any other meal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Cara,
You left a message on our blog.
We are in Kiev waiting on our son's passport. He was from #3 in Odessa. We actually saw you the day you brought your youngest son to see the director again. We were waiting to meet Dmitry for the 1st time and heard your sweet story of adopting the two older brothers. You also said you stayed with our host family. Such a nice family. Hope things continue to move for the adoption of your sons. Hopefully you will be moving into the next step and back in Kiev.

1:43 AM, November 09, 2008  

Post a Comment