Thursday, November 06, 2008

Ukraine Adoption Journey #2 Trip #2 day #10 Thursday Nov. 6

GUESS WHAT NOW????
Why is it that most Ukrainians wait until the last possible minute to do something? This frustrates me to no end. Vanya left on Tuesday telling me he would be back on Friday to get Sasha out of no. 9. I spoke to him last night reminding him he needs to be back here Friday morning. He calls me tonight around 8:30 telling me that the Inspector will be busy all day tomorrow so she can't sign the papers to get Sasha released. The Director won't let him out without the inspector's signature. So here's my guess. Vanya didn't call the orphanage or the Inspector until near closing time today. When both people already had their schedule filled. Why didn't he call on Tuesday? So tomorrow I am going to have one very mad and disappointed boy. Plus that means I have to ride that horrible bus again from the center (until Monday)because we are moving to our new apartment tomorrow. It makes me so mad!!!! The bus ride today was even worse. It was so crowded that I had to stand on the bottom step for about 45 minutes, getting off the bus each time we stop so someone can get off. When I think it is impossible to squeeze another person on, someone gets off and 4 more climb in. There is absolutely no space between people. we are completely smashed together. I had being that close to people I don't know, plus everyone of the has stale beer breath (remember this is the bus full of college students so I wouldn't expect their breath to smell of anything else).

Anyway, today I went to the center to rent our new apartment, I am so happy we will be right next to David, Cindie and the pushes. The reason it was so easy to do this is because it is owned by an American. Vasya went to play soccer again. He wants to know why it has taken so long to go to America. I visited Sasha and he was so excited to leave tomorrow. Anyone volunteer to tell him he isn't?
I did get to talk to Matthew today. He said "Why is it taking so long, come home I need you a little bit." He also told me that the new president is Barak Obama. Who told him that? I just think it is funny that he can remember it.He also talked to Vasya, they took turns teasing each other. They call each other animal names, especially woodpecker. Their grandfather (the one we met a few days ago) called Vasya a woodpecker while we were there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment