Thursday, December 01, 2005

December 1, 2005

Matthew is still sick and they won't let us see him today. Hopefully tomorrow his fever will be gone and they will let us in. I could tell he was getting sick, his eyes were watery and he was less active than usual. They tried to tell us that we were making him sick by feeding him yogurt and bananas, but now that he has a fever they can't blame me. Poor little guy.

So we have had all day to do whatever we wanted. It is raining so that rules out anything outside. Jeff washed some clothes in the tub and cleaned the bathroom while I attempted to vacuum. The vacuum in the apartment is the canister type by the carpet accessory doesn't spin. So it was more like sweeping the carpet.

Well, I have lots of time so I will explain how the toilet in the picture works since so many have asked. Basically you put your feet on the ridged part and squat, hoping to hit the hole. I have refrained from doing any "paperwork" in this type of toilet. One day Jeff came back from the orphanage bathroom and told Max and I not to go there. When we asked why he explained that someone had gone "number two" and had really bad aim. They hadn't even hit the toilet, it was on the floor. Disgusting! As far as the apartment toilet goes, it is what we call a "shelf toilet." Everything lands on a shelf and when you flush water comes from the back to push it away. We are definitely spoiled in America.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that your sweet little Matthew isn't feeling well. I will say some extra prayers for a speedy recovery.

You guys have been through so much. I can't imagine living the lifestyle that they live over there. At least there are some comforts of home, McDonalds and the internet and such. You guys are going to be so sick of McDonalds and Matthew will be experiencing it for the first time and will want to go for Happy Meals all of the time! We have more Happy Meal Toys than McDonalds themselves. ha ha

Matthew is going to have so much fun when he sees his animals at home. When he gets his face licked - I can't imagine the look on his face.

Take care and keep your strong faith - it will get you through this.

Love,
Todd,Deb & Jessica

10:33 AM, December 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you don't have that kind of toilet in your apartment. I would have loved to hear Jeff after coming out of that bathroom. That's hilarious (and disgusting)! I hope Matthew is feeling better soon! Give him a big kiss from me. We miss you all very much. Take care.
Love, Matthew's favorite Aunt Laura

5:11 PM, December 01, 2005  

Post a Comment