Monday, November 03, 2008

Ukraine Adoption Journey #2 Trip #2 day #7 Nov 3

I didn't do much yesterday (sunday). I didn't feel the greatest, I think the jet lag is getting to me.
I didn't visit either boy, I just sat around and watched Andy Griffith and The Beverly Hillbilly's on DVD.
I am not sure what we got accomplished today- a lot of walking. We went to the place where we deregister the boys from the apartment. The lady was friendly and told us what papers we needed. Then we had to get a notarized application for them to be deregistered. That wasn't too bad, then we went back to the center-we picked up the boys' aunt Tanya at her place and took her to the city council buidling. There are three city council's in Odessa, we dealt with the first with Vasya. The second is where Sasha's inspector was at. Today we hit no.3 for the apartments. The lady we needed wasn't at work today, we waited around for her for a while. Then we went to a notary to have the aunt notarize a document she has stating that the family had paid for the apartment. There are seven names on the apartment, Vasya, Sasha, Tanya, her two kids, and two others. Vanya sent me to no.4 then. I had to drop off some papers and get Vasya's medical paper-a one page paper documenting his health history since arriving at the orphanage. Vasya is ready to go, we are check him out tomorrow at 9:30. I think we will have his party tomorrow after lunch if we are done running around. He wants to go to the store with me to pick out the food for the party. I brought each of the kids in his class a couple pairs of thick black socks for the winter. They have to wear black with their school uniforms. Sasha still doesn't want a going away party, but I brought party bags for his class. The boys get matchbox cars and the girls get girl power bracelets, they all get candy necklaces, candy and some sort of fruit-probably bananas that I will buy right before I go there. I don't know when we will break him free. I am hoping that we will get the passports by the end of the week and then we can go to the embassy early next week and home by the end of next week. But things always move twice as slow as I predict. Please keep the prayers coming that things go smooth and quick so we can go home.

On our walk to the market for Vasya's snack he told me he wants to get to America so he can play:soccer, football, basketball, tennis, volleyball and run. I think we need to introduce him to wrestling Larry, he is small but quick!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count us in on some prayers that things will go quickly and smoothly!
Love,
June, Rob & Christopher

3:00 PM, November 03, 2008  

Post a Comment