Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hello From Kiev, We are two steps closer to coming home. The train ride to Kiev was fine. The boys were pretty excited on the train. They slept on the top bunks and I had one of the bottom bunks. We bought the entire compartment so it was just us. It was a little smokey though, so my head has been hurting today. I slept some but Sasha didn't sleep much. Their grandfather bought him a pepsi before we left. I am sure he hasn't had caffine for a long time if ever, so of coarse he didn't sleep much. He played his gameboy until the battery died. Then kept me awake by looking down at me.
We got there medicals taken care of today. They have to have physicals in order to get their visas. Jack needed two shots and Sasha needed one. The embassy wasn't open today because it is veterans day-or so the guard told me. So we will go back first thing in the morning and beg them to process the visa in one day.
We went back to the apartment and rested before we ventured out to find food. That's when I bumped into this internet cafe. Oh, the boys are done at the arcade so I had better go. If we get the visa we will fly home on Thursday.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's hard to believe your journey is almost over. For those of us watching from the sideline - it seems to have gone fast, but for you and Jeff, I'm sure it's seemed like an eternity.

It's unbelievable that Thanksgiving will soon be here and to think of what this years Thanksgiving will hold for your family. So much to be thankful for. Your dream of adopting Matthew's brothers has finally come true and words cannot express how happy I am for the two of you, actually the three of you, Matthew being reunited with his brothers is a gift from God and a tribute to your perserverance.

On a lighter note,we're complaining today, because the post office and banks are closed and we can't get things done, but after reading your blog, I think it's having a bigger impact on you. I didn't realize the American Embassy would follow the US holidays. Bummer, that it fell today.

Hopefully, your Visa's will be issued tomorrow and you can hurry home.

Take care, Donna

9:43 AM, November 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are almost here! We can't wait!! You're missing all the snow!!!

Vanessa

10:44 AM, November 11, 2008  
Blogger ArtworkByRuth said...

So Soon! LOL! I know you are thrilled to be coming home! Praying for a safe and eventless trip home!

11:09 AM, November 11, 2008  
Blogger Rob, Dana, Murphy and Jack! said...

In Colombia the embassy is closed for every Colombian holiday and every American holiday. I can't remember the total number of holidays they get, but it's outrageous. I'm jealous of course!

11:42 AM, November 11, 2008  
Blogger Tami said...

You're in the homestretch. Almost there! Can't wait to hear how the flight home goes and how the boys adjust to life in America.

1:07 PM, November 11, 2008  
Blogger adopting2fromUkraine said...

Yaaayy! You are so close! The Embassy is very accommodating.

June

2:22 PM, November 11, 2008  

Post a Comment