Friday, October 31, 2008

Ukraine Adoption Journey #2 Trip #2 day #4 Oct 31 Happy Halloween

Another busy day today. We walked to Vasya's and got him, then tried to catch a bus-an impossible task at 8 am. So we took a taxi to Sasha's and picked him up. We then drove to the passport office in the center. I had to sign lots of documents and they took the boys' pictures. It was impressive, everything was digital and on the computer-even my signature. They told us that the passports may be done next week, they send everything off to Kiev for this. So pray that they get done quickly. Vanya went to see about dealing with the boys' share of the apartment. They won't allow them to leave the country without a stamp in their passport saying that we took care of all business the boys might have, which is the apartment. They only work on Mondays and Thursdays but the secretary said it could possibly be done on Monday-so pray for that as well. The passport and the stamp are the last two things we need to accomplish to leave Odessa. I do still need to sign Sasha out of his orphanage, I signed Vasya out over two weeks ago-even though he is still there. So Vanya went one way and we headed to McDonald's, my Dad should be proud thtat the first place they asked to go was McDonald's. This McDonald's is fancy. It is two stories high and has lots of flat screen tv's playing videos. They even have little tv's where you give your order so you can watch McDonald's commercials why you order. The boys seemed to really enjoy this, a lady went around to the tables giving out ballons, she even gave them to my boys. We then stopped in a nearby park to take some pictures. Then we headed towards the bus stop to take Sasha back, but while we were walking Vasya made a phone call and then asked me if we could go see his Dadushka (Grandfather), which of course we did. His grandfather and (step) grandmother had not seen Sasha in years. They were very nice, we had tea and attempted to talk. Sasha wasn't very cooperative in his translating though. Vasya showed him pictures of Matthew and I saw a tear roll down the Grandfathers face. They have two very beautiful callico cats. We are going back next week to say goodbye, but we are taking a translator. I have some pictures for them and I want to get their address and phone number. I also hope to visit their aunt before we go too.
We then got on the bus to take Sasha back. I needed to get a document from the Director for Vanya and the assistant director was in the room too. She loves Sasha, he is her favorite. She said when he came there he knew nothing about school, she tutored him and now he is at the head of the class. She told me today that Sasha really loves us and I said that we really loved him too.
Vasya and I got on another bus towards no.4 and where I stay. It was a busy day, but a great day.
I talked to Jeff on Skype and I also talked to my sisters and Matthew. They were all together and were carving jack-o-lanterns. I talked to them for 3.25 hours, it was like I was right there but I didn't have to clean up the mess. If anyone wants to hear something funny ask Matthew to say "Fish" it sounds exactly like b*tch. I guess he could use a little speech therapy when I get back, good thing he is signed up to start when the boys do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures. It sounds like things are moving right along. You'll be back home before you know. Good Luck.

Take care, Donna

11:07 AM, October 31, 2008  
Blogger Tami said...

Sounds like you had a great visit with the grandparents. What a treat! I hope you'll be able to keep the lines of communication open with them. What a gift that will be for the boys.
Wonderful pictures! :)

8:39 AM, November 01, 2008  

Post a Comment