Tuesday, July 08, 2008

We could be in Ukraine in August!!!!!!

Our dossier should be submitted within a week, the SDA has twenty business days to accept or reject it. Those business days do not include Fridays. Then we should be notified of our appointment date. They have been giving out expedited appointment dates to some families who want to adopt older or known children. So pray that they do so for us as well.

My friend Ellen has graciously donated her profits from a tastefully simple catalog party to our adoption fund. So if anyone out there wants to order some delicious and easy to make things, here's what you do.
Go to www.tastefullysimple.com
look over the catalog, if you want to order on-line e-mail me and I will e-mail you an on-line invite.
Or you can e-mail me your order or even easier e-mail my friend Ellen at simplyellenk@gmail.com tell her you want to place an order for CARA NORBY'S party. She will tell you exactly what to do.
You can call me too if you want. The prophit is higher is for e-mail the order to her instead of ordering on-line.

This stuff is delicious, especially the beer bread!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jason and Jill Harvey said...

Hi! I love your blog, and hope your trip to the Ukraine is very soon! I taught twins who had been adopted from Ukraine as 8 year-olds, and they were the sweetest, most polite children! Having such a great experience with them just made me want to adopt even more :) We just applied to adopt from Russia and were wondering how you set up your magical PayPal donation button/account. Any help would be appreciated! God bless you and your family!

9:28 PM, July 10, 2008  
Blogger Leslie said...

Wow! How exciting! August!!! We're praying for you guys!

5:03 PM, July 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:50 PM, July 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your blog today. We are hoping to adopt three sisters soon. Our submission date is in August. We can hardly wait! Let's pray for each other!!!

8:30 AM, July 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cara. I got your message on our Blog, kellettclan.blogspot.com about your sons two brothers. I ahve talked with my daughters and they know you sons. They are at the same camp as my girls were. I was just able to get them out today. We will are going to be back at the camp on Friday. I will try to get some photos if you want. Please e-mail me at DK319@yahoo.com and I will give you more information if you want.

10:39 AM, July 16, 2008  
Blogger adoptedthree said...

Hi Cara
Glad to hear things are moving forward!

After doing my search I have found out one of my boys had two brothers who have been adopted to Spain, and my other son has a brother in an intranet and a sister living with relatives. At least that puts closure on their situations.

Leanna

7:09 AM, July 20, 2008  

Post a Comment