Friday, January 18, 2008

January 18, 2008

Matthew is so funny! A couple of days ago, my sister Holly was doing an evaluation on him. She is in physical therapy school and she had to do the evaluation for an assignment. She gave him a piece of paper and pencil then asked him to draw mom. He quickly wrote "MOM" and handed it back to her. He is not a coloring and drawing kid-he is a running and climbing kid. I thought it was pretty funny.

He is also smart, sometimes too smart. For example, I said "In two minutes you are going to bed" He looked at me and said "how about three?" So I said "alright three." After a minute or two he came back and said "how about four?"

He is a backseat driver and can remember how to get anywhere-even if he's only been there once before. He is learning left from right by telling us which way to turn.

I don't have any news on the older boys--we are plugging away at the paperwork-waiting for our homestudy and our immigration approval. Vasya turned 15 last Sunday-the 13th. Jeff took his picture off the fridge and we sang happy birthday to him. When we were finished I said "hopefully by next year Vasya will be with us and we can give him a cake" and Matthew replied "and a car!" I don't think Vasya will be getting a car--even though it will be his 16th. But I thought it funny that at 4 or 15, boys think the same.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you. We certainly seem to have a lot in common. We would love to meet in person some time. We live so close by. Our new kids probably know each other. Have you seen the site htp://someofmichelleskids.blogspot.com ?
David and Cindie Wolff

8:52 AM, January 19, 2008  
Blogger Tami said...

Too cute! :) I just love the way these kids think!

9:33 AM, January 21, 2008  

Post a Comment